Monday, November 8, 2010

handcrafted modern/the secret portraits


I thought I would finally show some of the portraits I did while shooting Handcrafted Modern. So many people have asked me why I did not photograph the people. The fact is, I did for a couple of them. My intent was to do portraits of everyone who was still living in their house, but with a couple there just wasn't the time. But while delivering the books the homeowners I finally finished up the last two that I wanted to do. This one today is a shot of Irving Harper and his wife Belle sitting on the porch enjoying a late summer afternoon. I shot this one while I was there photographing the house a couple of years ago. There wasn't time to do a formal portrait because his house was so rich with details, I was shooting for two days solid. I grabbed this shot as I walked by the porch window.

1 comment:

  1. well this certainly made for great shot. i really love it.

    ReplyDelete