Friday, August 31, 2012

skägga summer house/sweden

Thought I would post some lovely, relaxing images of this amazing summer house I was lucky enough to visit during my stay in Sweden a few weeks back. Frankly, I have so many beautiful pictures of this land I don't know where to start so I am toying with the idea of posting a couple over the weekend and through the holiday (it is a holiday on Monday in the US, right?)
My friend Harald, who invited me here, referred to it as being a "bit like eating Sweden in concentrated form." If this is the case, I'm sold. The family who has had this place for generations is just beginning to produce little pieces for everyone in the form of honey and possibly (hopefully!) apple candy from the many orchards there. If you find some honey that is called Öster Skägga Gård, snatch it up and have a spoonful of Sweden for yourself. 
I'll share the images of the House another time, but just some of the land and swimming house, sauna etc. for now.
Have a beautiful weekend friends. I am heading to Helsinki on Sunday and Copenhagen Wednesday, but I'll do my best to keep posting!




No comments:

Post a Comment